If you want to grow your business, creating an online buzz is critical for growth and reaching out to the target audience. SEO techniques continue to be the backbone of digital marketing. However, with changing algorithms, the business also needs to revamp its SEO strategies and use tactics that work in favour of its digital reach.
The professional Melbourne SEO expert uses a mix of strategies for SEO-focused growth and reach of a business. Here are the top SEO tips businesses need to adopt.
Create a mix of content fulfilling the customer’s need
Creating content no longer only limits writing blogs or SEO-optimized website content. The first step towards creating content is understanding the audience’s needs and fulfilling their search intent. Here are four major types of search intent:
- Informational – These are blogs or articles written with the intent of providing information to the customer.
- Navigational – This content is written with the intent of driving traffic and bringing customers to a specific landing page or website.
- Commercial – These are written for people who are planning to make a purchase. This often involves ad content for static and video ads.
- Transactional – These are for those people who are all set to make the purchase. This majorly gives information related to the cost or price.
Do a thorough keyword research
No matter where you write the content, make sure you do complete keyword research. The KWs are the words using which the customers search. Here are a few tips to integrate the KWs:
- Use free tools to make the necessary KWs search. Use the Google search bar to simplify finding the KWs.
- Use a combination of both short and long-tail keywords. This helps in reaching out to more customers. Nowadays searchers are using more long tail keywords for making the specific search.
- Do not overuse the KWs as it might stop the search engine from ranking your content. Keep the density between 2 to 3%.
- Use KWs in the title, meta tags, meta description, and even in sub-headings to make it more algorithm friendly.
Local SEO Tactics
If you are a business, always focus on local SEO to create awareness amongst the local audience. Use local KW like the name of the specific area to reach out to more customers. For example, if you own a bakery shop in Melbourne, you can use KWS mentioning “Melbourne” or a specific area location. Update information like address, timing etc. on Google My Business and another business directory.
Focus on both on and off-page optimization
As a business, it is critical to focus on building presence and prominence via both on and off-page optimization. On-page SEO often involves optimizing the title tags, meta description etc. with the relevant keywords. Also, make sure that the photos are compressed and the website has a high loading speed. Off-page optimization is equally important which involves PR articles, backlink building with high domain authority websites, guest blogging and even online or offline events.
Positive User Experience
SEO experts or specialists make sure to keep the UX optimization to the mark to attract more customers. SEO and UX interface of the website works hand in hand and offers the best quality experience to the website visitors. Always design a simple website that is easy to navigate and offers SEO-friendly layouts. Make sure the website is responsive and compatible with laptops, PCs, and mobile platforms. Focus on excellent schema markup which is the addition of structured data to a website that boosts SEO. Make sure that site links are well connected.
Managing the SEO of a website is not just feeding content or using KWs. If you are a growing business, it is best to hire an expert SEO agency to handle and take care of your digital growth.