Unexpected water losses can cause havoc in a business or home. When gallons of water pour into a building, it can be difficult to know what to do or who to call. To avoid extensive damage, it’s crucial to act fast in an emergency situation. Water damage restoration should be initiated immediately as standing water can lead to structural problems and bacterial mold growth.
A professional restoration company has been trained in the water loss restoration process. This process saves you thousands in long-term damage and can be done quickly and efficiently.
WATER DAMAGE TIPS TILL HELP ARRIVES
You should call an emergency water company immediately if you are unable to remove the water from your house or building. While you wait for the crew to arrive, there are steps that can be taken to minimize damage.
- Shut off the water valve in the event of a burst pipe
- To remove small amounts of water, you can mop the area or use a dry-dry vacuum to clean it.
- To encourage drying, place fans in the area.
- To prevent water damage to furniture, wipe off any water.
- Use foil to place between furniture and the wet carpeting.
- Turn on the AC to dry out the air and prevent water loss in the summer.
- Remove as much furniture and decorations as possible from the floor.
It is important to act quickly if you experience water loss.
WATER DAMAGE REMEDY PROCESS
Highly trained professionals are certified in emergency restoration services such as water extraction, water mitigation and structural reconstruction. This complex process involves several steps, starting with assessment and ending with restoration.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to:
- Inspection and assessment of damage: The first step following a water loss is to inspect the property thoroughly for safety concerns and initial damages. In areas with electric panels, excess water can pose hazards. A restoration company can quickly assess the situation to determine what damages and hazards are present and then develop a plan for water removal or damage repair.
- Water extraction/removal This is a quick way to get rid of water in your house or office. Commercial and residential water restoration companies use water removal equipment, such as portable flood pumps and high-volume water vacuums, to quickly and efficiently remove water.
- The restoration team will then begin drying and dehumidification. This is an important step in protecting your home and business from mold and other harmful effects. Desiccant dehumidifiers and air movers are excellent tools for drying and dehumidifying a space.
- Cleaning, sanitation, and removal of odors: Once the space has dried, it is time to clean, sanitize, and deodorize walls, floors, personal items, and other surfaces. Floodwater can be contaminated with harmful microbes, and it is likely to have an unpleasant odor. All objects will be cleaned by the emergency team using safe and eco-friendly cleaners and sanitizers. Some companies offer an odor elimination service for personal items that have a strong odor to save valuable items.
- Reconstruction is the final step for severely damaged homes and offices. This phase may include the repair or replacement of damaged wallpaper and installation of new carpeting. This phase may also include new cabinets, plumbing, lighting and other fixtures.
REYNOLDS WATER DAMAGE REMEDY
Reynolds Restoration Services is an independent, professional emergency services restoration business. Our team has more than 15+ years of combined experience in water mitigation and water extraction. We have helped thousands of homeowners and businesses to repair their homes after a flood. Our team has the resources, training, and equipment to extract excess water from a building, dry it, and rebuild it to its original condition.