Content marketing is something that Chief Marketing Officers around the globe spend a lot of time thinking about.
A well-designed Content Marketing Strategy will allow you to create relevant content that will engage your audience, increase authority and reduce acquisition costs.
What is Content Marketing? And what are the practical benefits of this marketing strategy for businesses looking to build and maintain a customer base online?
We will answer all of these questions and more in this blog!
We’ll dive into the core aspects of this strategy, its importance, and the starting point for a new age of emotional engagement between you and your audiences.
Why is content marketing so important?
Content Marketing is relevant to businesses today if you are talking about engagement and brand personality.
Comparing the new media with traditional media is particularly interesting.
Marketing your business was a passive activity when radio, television, and the press were the main ways to reach broader audiences.
There was limited time and space to create eye-catching images and messages to grab viewers’ attention. It took a lot of work to differentiate a brand from the competition.
Digital Marketing has changed the way we do marketing forever.
Social networks and the internet have become our primary way of interacting and socializing. Companies now have an ongoing, direct connection with their audiences, which is flexible and can be tailored to fit the needs and timeframes they require.
What are the benefits of content marketing?
Content Marketing is an essential marketing strategy.
If you look at what successful companies do online, they are likely doing this on other fronts.
A CMI report revealed that over half of companies can create an online community using content. They have three main goals:
- Brand awareness.
- Educate audiences.
- Create loyalty and trust.
Create a personality for the brand.
- In the past, brands would often approximate each other.
- Check out old TV commercials, and you’ll see that they all look and sound similar. This is precisely what happened because the media was limited.
- Companies used to rely on safe messages because they knew there was little time to reach their target audience, and there was no way to segment the viewers.
- You can experiment with content marketing because you control your platform (website or blog, social profiles, etc.).
Investing in storytelling
- Use Content Marketing to tell your story, and you can create an emotional connection with the public.
- What a brand is, not what it does, is essential.
- Like any good story, a more extended strategy will hook the audience. You can use it to communicate values and cause and distinguish your brand from competitors.
- Stories are more memorable than facts and numbers.
Create a trail for your lead.
- Content strategy is closely related to what we call inbound marketing. This plan lays out multimedia pieces and interacts with them to move a lead from one part of the content to another until they are ready to convert.
- Texts, photos, and well-designed videos can make a person want to learn more about what you offer.
- Content marketing is more than just personality.
- You can make your audience see the brand as a helpful resource on a particular subject.
- Content that speaks directly to the persona’s needs and expectations creates authority.
- Resolving doubts
- Teaching concepts
- Education on a specific category of products or services.
- A successful search engine optimization (SEO strategy) is a continuous effort to provide relevant content to your audience that is well-structured to please the engines.
- This consistency can only be achieved with a well-thought-out plan, from the range to the distribution.
- Content Marketing can increase your visibility, and organic traffic, exponentially when done correctly.
Social media ownership
- Many CMOs do not think of it that way, but did you know that social media posts and user interactions can also be considered content?
- This strategy does not just apply to blog posts, eBooks, or interactive items.
- You can use micro-interactions to engage and captivate your leads every day.
- A Digital Marketing strategy gets cheaper over time with the proper use of social media and by improving your SEO.
- You don’t have to spend as much on ads or artificially boost your visibility.
- Instead of trying to swim upstream and find your audience, the idea behind the content is to make them sail naturally toward you.
- Storytelling is good because it sticks with you for an extended period.
- Good content can also be around for months or years, generating leads without significant updates.
- Evergreen content allows a business to accumulate experiences and interactions.
- You don’t need to replace content that is not outdated.
- Why is this so important?
- The plan you are constructing now can be reused and reframed, allowing you to take advantage of the SEO and visibility already created with less cost and effort.